Posted by Kayla in

School starts again in just four days. I'm optimistic that I'll do as well this semester as I did last Spring - so long as I stay on myself to keep up with the reading and the work. Even though, for some classes, waiting until the last minute is my key to an A, but when you've got four classes that'll likely each give me an assignment or reading to do every day - compared to three that rarely even gave out worksheets - I don't think my usual plan of putting things off would be a bright idea. Things pile up, and deadlines seem to come much faster, the more work you have to do. I'm going to try and implement a weekly planner of sorts, to try and keep myself on track. We'll see how that goes.

Although I'm most worried about the prospect of groups - I never do well in them. There's something about having to cooperate with others...

Hopefully in the English IA class I'm taking this time around, the final project won't be a group presentation. That's why I failed it before. Well, that, and I didn't even write the essay that went along with it, which made basing a presentation off of how it connected with the others' a bit difficult. I ended up just not going, the more in depth we got into the project. Still to this day, I don't think I've told my parents I got an F in that class.

Of the four I registered in, I'm only technically in two of the courses. The others, I'm on the waitlist. At least for one, I'm #1 on the list. As soon as someone drops out or fails to show up, I'm in. For the last class, I'm not quite so lucky - #7. Who would've thought so many people would want to take Interpersonal Communication at 8 a.m.? I've got my fingers crossed for when I get there Monday morning, that enough people don't show. Or at least that I move further up.

The only class thus far that I was guaranteed in from the get-go was American Government. Oh. Boy. Doesn't that sound like a blast? The second semester of 10th grade Social Studies was basically American Government, for me. I hated that semester. I hated that teacher.

This time will be better, though. Right? I hope so. In any case, the breakdown of my school days (MWF) will look like this:

  • 5:00 a.m. : Wake up. Ugh...
  • 6:10 a.m. : Head out the door to get dropped off at the bus stop by my dad. Wait for the bus. In the cold.
  • 6:20 a.m. : Get on the bus. For an hour.
  • 7:30 a.m. : Make my way all the way across campus, from the bus drop-off point to the small music room where my Interpersonal Communication class is.
  • 8:00 a.m. - 8:50 a.m. : Interpersonal Communication
  • 9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m. : Understanding Human Behavior
  • 10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. : Introduction to American Government
  • 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. : English 1A: College Composition
  • 12:00 p.m.: Wait around in the computer lab.
  • 1:50 p.m. : All aboard the bus!
  • 3:30 p.m. : Get dropped off at the local satellite of the college in Red Bluff, and wait to get picked up
Rinse and repeat until May, when it's all over.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 at Thursday, January 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment