Posted by Kayla in ,

Turns out I'm not going to college after all! It's a funny story, really.

Okay, maybe not. Since my college is a town away, it's always been much more convenient for me to register for classes and get my books online, but apparently when you order your textbooks, my college has a policy where one's credit card isn't charged until the books are taken off the shelves. I didn't know this, since my card had always been charged immediately - but that was because I was having them shipped directly to my house. This time, I wanted them sent to the local satellite, thinking it would be faster.

Guess not. The card has yet to be charged, the books yet to be sent. So what does that mean? I'm not going. It is far too late for me to hope to get them now. Instead of worry over it, I will just never go to pick up my books. Ever. The money has already been withdrawn from the account and spent on better things.

I suppose, now that I have oodles of free time available, I will spend this would-be semester focusing on writing & my design hobby. Good a time as any, isn't it? This will make a whole year I've been off of school, but come the summer, my ability to get to and from campus should significantly improve, so there will be absolutely no excuse to go.

At least I have plenty of time to snuggle with Nolan now.

This entry was posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 at Monday, January 12, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment